Sunday 13 February 2011

18dp5dt 5 weeks 2 days pregnant

Well, as my nan used to say 'the best intentions....'  I have tried putting my fears aside and when Im out and busy I can but the rest of the time that is what Im thinking about and I know it is causing me stress.  Right now, Im lying in bed, and feel a thronging pain mostly on my right side.  A sort of AF pain that was also strong last night.  I might have felt it because I was up (the dog had an upset stomach and got me up about 4 time) but this morning I still have it and the only way to relieve it is to raise my knees.

Best possible scenario is that it is my uterus stretching to accommodate my baby/babies.  Worse case ....

I also have another concern.  I have to have a scan at the hospital and I dont want to see the sonographer that I saw last time.  I cant think about going back in that room with her.  Its like a nightmare.  

I have some choices.  Next week I could take myself off to Kings to the gynae and early pregnancy unit.  Any woman with concerns can be scanned there.  I could go to the doctors (or maybe the unit) and get a blood test.  Of course the scan will be most conclusive but if I go now I might not see a heartbeat and that is what happened last time.  What I do need to do is to ring my clinic and find out who is scanning on the day of my appointment.  Thats the first thing.  I definately wont go for an early scan this week as there is a chance that I will feel worse (no heartbeat/fetal pole).  I could ring the doctor and get the bloods but if the numbers arent high enough Im in the same position where only an ultrasound will tell me.  So I think bloods are out - its only if it a good number that I am going to be reassured.  I have a tilted uterus (its retroverted and high) and so it makes everything harder to see anyway.

Okay that sounds like a plan:

1.  Ring clinic and see who will be scanning me for my scheduled appointment
2.  Next week, if I still dont feel assured, go to Kings for an early scan

On a different note, I went to see the Kings Speech last yesterday.  It was very good and brought a tear to my eye at the end.

Symptoms = Pain in uterus during night mostly on right, swollen tummy (although this is less evident as I have been wearing leggings)

No comments:

Post a Comment