Saturday 29 January 2011

3dp5dt

Ive been lying in bed listening to my body since 6 o'clock this morning.  At 6am my alarm went off to remind me to take/insert (?) my pessary. 

What have I heard?  I have a slightly nutty taste in my mouth but I had chinese for tea and since I hit 40 it tends to leave behind it indigestion and an aversion to the oil.  There are tweaks and twangs from my stomach that could be coming from any organ in the stomach area.  So I dont know.

Last night I had a glass of lemonde and both the glass and the lemonde smelt funny.  I dont know Im just desparate for a sign.... any sign... well a sign of pregnancy at least.

A bit of background, not too much as my journey started at 37 when I was first referred for ivf treatment.  Since then I have had 6 live cycles, 1 operation to remove fibroids, 1 investigation by camera and I am currently 3 days post a FET or frozen embryo transfer.  I had two embryos transfered although one, according to the embryologist hadnt survived the thaw but I decided to have it returned anyway.  They said it wouldnt hurt and after going through all that I wasnt prepared to give up on the little solider. 

The second embryo I have wanted and loved since I first heard about its existence.  It came from a different cycle to its brother/sister above but it wasnt returned at the time because of its oval shape.  I requested it be included at the time but took the advise of the team.

So thats it, my hopes are pinned on one little embryo that didnt survive (I have heard about miracle stories where they have taken despite them not re-expanding in the lab) and one, that pulls at my heart strings, that is shaped like an egg. 

Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment