Wednesday 31 August 2011

33 weeks 4 days pregnant - growth scan

Well my regular doctor was back from her holiday yesterday and so she was the one who scanned me.  (I knew not to get excited about the last scan.)  She put the baby back on the original growth curve.  The BPD (head diameter) on the 3rd percentile along with the femur.  The tummy circumference just a bit above and the head on about the 40 line.  (So baby has a big head by comparison to other body parts not other babies.)

She also measured the short bones (lower leg and arm) and I wish I hadnt seen.  Some were showing at approximately 29 weeks.  She said not to worry about these (how do I do that?) as the baby is at such a funny angle she couldnt get good measurements.  The babies head is down in my pelvis and his body is twisted, in an L shape, so that his bottom is by my left hip.

I was contemplating going back to work but after the scan results I just want to put my head down and stay close to home.  Can I say this?  Maybe I will come back and delete it later but Im ashamed - that Ive done this and that my baby may not be normally formed.  I dont want to face people and pretend everything is okay nor do I want to explain every detail.  If there is something wrong I dont know how I will cope. But for now I dont want to see people - I want to be alone and get my head around it by myself.

So thats it.  One more scan in two weeks when I will be 35 + 4 and just 2 weeks + after that I should be induced. 

I have begun to experience terrible swelling in my hands - I wake up and they are painful and like big fat sausages.  I also have one swollen ankle - just one mind. 

The leakage problem has raised its head again.  My fluid is within normal but low.  I will have to go in today and have an internal.  All those weeks ago (with my original consultant) I raised the same issue as I can feel something opening and liquid passing on occasions - now I dont know what it is.  It could be urine (my bladder was never so good after the myomectomy (fibroid removal when they cut my bladder), or amniotic fluid or simply discharge.  My knickers are wet everyday.  I felt a bubble of liquid passing yesterday morning, changed my underwear and by the time I was at the hospital for my appointment I was wet again.  It doesnt sound like fluid but I think I should try and find out what it is.

Ooh the ups and downs.

My bump is still small but it is visable now.  I actually was offered a seat on the tube yesterday!  What a kind man.  I was tired and feeling leaky coming back from my scan and was ever so grateful.  It must mean that I now look pregnant and not just fat.  Dont get me wrong, I love my bump - its so tight (especially in the morning).  It feels like a miracle in itself.  That Ive actually got one.  I will miss it when its gone.

Symtoms = swollen ankle and hands, raised bp, baby moving/squirming, bleeding gums

No comments:

Post a Comment