Tuesday 2 August 2011

29 weeks 5 days pregnant - short femur

Well, I had my scan yessterday and the femur is now measuring below the range of normal.  The measurements are on a chart which show the lowest 3rd percentile and the highest 90 percentile of normal.  All the way along the doctors have said 'its within normal range' so dont worry and now it is outside the doctor yesterday was still encouraging me to think of it as normal.  I just dont get it.

Of course it could mean many things.  What it definately means is that the femur is not growing at the same rate as the rest of the baby.  The first measurement the doctor took it was about 45mm and sat about a cm below the lowest 3rd percentile.  She measured it lots of times after that until it occupies its current position, just below the line.  She manage to make it 49mm which is at least 3 weeks behind.  Again everything I hear and read says if its one or two weeks behind thats okay.  That is a measurement of approximately a 26 week old baby I am just shy of 30 weeks. 

I have to go to the diabetes clinic today and will work hard to speak to the consultant. 

I have another scan in 2 weeks and then one 2 weeks after that.  What are we waiting for?  Or perhaps they really just dont know? 

Symptoms: stress, baby moving, gums still bleeding but less intense, food still doesnt taste good

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you certainly have some stress associated with your huge blessing! Thanks so much for sharing your story. Positive thoughts your way XOXO

    ReplyDelete