Tuesday 16 August 2011

31 weeks and 4 days pregnant - growth scan

Well, today I had a growth scan.  It was not at the FMU (fetal medicine unit) but rather where all the other ladies get scanned.  I always wanted to progress to that unit as that would mean my pregnancy was progressing normally.

The doctor that has been seeing me in the FMU is on holiday so thats why I was seen in the other unit.  Anyway, I dont know what to make of it but she measured the femur at 60mm, an increase of 15mm??  That also now plonks the femur on the 50% line - normal.  In fact everything has grown.  Im so untrusting - are these really the correct measurments this time?  Has my baby had a growth spurt?  Is everything gong to be okay?

The estimated weight is now 3lb 9.1 oz.  Previously I was struggling to get to 2lbs. 

She measured everything 9 or 10 times.  Checked and double checked.

I dont trust anyone and thats the truth.

The sonographer is 41 and confided that she is about to try ivf.  She wanted to hear about my story and I shared the things I have learnt along the way.  There are so many of us out there.

It feels liike a good day - but Im scared of being happy and accepting and believing, after all this upset, that everything will be okay.  I pray it will be.  Im going to start my knitting back up today it feels like a baby will be born.

Negatively DH has been made redundant -but thats a worry for another day.  Tomorrow I have another hospital appointment - 1230 they are going to set me up with my own blood pressure machine and take it home, 1600 diabetic clinic and 1900 tour of the maternity facilities.

Thank you for the lovely lady who commented on my blog. I have wondered at times if anyone was reading and if it would be helpful to anyone. 

Symptoms = baby moving, sickness, bleeding gums, wobbly on my feet at times

No comments:

Post a Comment