Monday 13 June 2011

22 weeks 3 days pregnant - consultant appointment high blood pressure

I had my consultant appointment today.  It went okay but because of the increased artery pressure into the placenta and the high blood pressure reading (135/91) I now have to go every week to have my blood pressure checked!  Its such a long journey to my midwife - it takes me half a day.  I went to the hospital today (which is the same distance just walking in the opposite direction) and I have come back and slept for 3 hours - totally worn out.  That cant be good.

Anyway, the consultant says I can split visits between the doctors and the midwife if that helps but approaching the doctors for such a simple test makes me nervous.  Anyway, I keep going.  Its upsetting though, every appointment just feels like another problem.

I have also put on over a stone in weight.  On my first visit the consultant said not to put anymore weight.  I was carefully weighing myself and maintaining my weight until about 3 weeks ago.  I weighed myself again in anticipation of going back and a stone had jumped on from nowhere.  Anyway, Im to look out for pain in the diaphram, stars, blurred vision, dizziness.  What do I do if I experience any of these?  Ring him?  He's on holiday for 3 weeks.  I dont understand this system nor the care, nor anything really. 

Symptoms = nausea (still) especially if I miss a meal, shortness of breath, baby girl kicking

No comments:

Post a Comment