Monday 20 June 2011

23 weeks 4 days pregnant - small head

It upsets me to even type small head into the computer.  What does this mean?  I had a scan yesterday to check growth and the head was found to be in the bottom 3 percentile.  Apparently, they are not worried as long as it sits between 10 and 90 but anything over or under causes alarm bells.   The fermur was also small.  I think this has been consistently small (DH is 6'2 and Im 5'7 and we both think we have big heads). 

I think the head measurment was small last time but they didnt mention it directly.  I feel so disempowered.  The artery flow isnt great and the right side has got worse.  She also measured for the first time, the cerebral flow - it was off the chart (out of the parameters) as was the placenta flow? reading. 

I had a small vision disturbance yesterday in a meeting after school.  It was tiny but it happened - I was sitting down and the girls face kind of warbled.  I cant describe it better than that.  I see the midwife on Wednesday so I will wait till. then. 

They booked me another scan in 3 weeks and told me to make an appointment to see my concultant within 2 weeks, so Im booked for Monday.  (Apparently, no one else can see me because Im on his list even though he is going on holiday.  What if I need to see him again?) 

I hate going for the scans.  Everytime the news seems to get worse and worse.

I looked up small head and it can be related to a syndrome - very small babies with half a head with compromised intelligence.  Or just with compromised intelligence or restricted growth.  Im very worried and have to wait for 6 days to even discuss it further.  I cant stop crying.  I dont even feel pregnant now...

Symptoms - some movement

No comments:

Post a Comment