Tuesday 17 May 2011

18 weeks 4 days pregnant - sickness and nose bleed

There is only 10 days to my 20 week scan and Im half way through my pregnancy.  Isnt that amazing.

What isnt amazing is how I feel.  Im off sick today.  I went to bed early with a headache and was woken when DH came back in about nine.  I was very disorientated.  At some point after that I woke up again and my head was much worse.  I called DH for a paracetamol and thats when I started vomitting.  Vomitting then dry heaving, my nose began bleeding and I had to hold onto the bed because my head was spinning.  It seemed to go on forever.  I was crying and spluttering and covered in liquid (tears, snot, blood, bile) everything that could produce liquid on my head was doing so simultaneously.

I hate to say this, especially as I have worked so hard to get here, but I do not enjoy being pregnant.  I feel guilty for saying or even thinking this but most days I feel unwell.  Be it the foul taste in my mouth after I eat anything, feeling dizzy in the playground at the end of the day (wondering if I will stay on my feet), the headaches, the sickness or the stomach discomfort.

I suppose I imagined I would be an earth mother.  You know, Id be a natural who would love every moment of pregnancy.  Its come as a bit of a surprise to me.  I feel stupid.  It scares me that I feel like this.  Its like Ive got on a rollarcoster and there is no way off.  Not that I want to get off.  Im just scared. 

I cant wait for my baby to come but what if I find motherhood as hard as pregnancy.  Maybe Ill start blooming soon.

On a separate note I spoke to my doctor today about the offer of shared care that was made to me when I was referred to St Thomas'.  That would mean I could have midwife appointments at my doctors surgery.  My last midwife appointment was at 3pm.  I left at 2 to get there and because of the train connections, I got home at 5.30.  My doctors is 6 mins from school and 10 minutes from home!  Fingers crossed.

Symptoms = foul taste after eating, vomitting, nose bleed, trouble getting comfortable at night, headaches, lightheadiness

No comments:

Post a Comment