Tuesday 10 May 2011

17 weeks 3 days pregnant - level II scan gender

Well I went on Monday for a scan.  We tried to time it for 16 weeks but with all the bank holidays it wasnt possible.  DH met me and we went in together (last time I arrived early and was called early and he walked into the clinic as I walked out).  We were looking for any physical markers that might show that there is an issue with the baby as I do not want any invasive tests without something physical to indicate it is necessary (the negative nuchal test wasbased on the blood tests only and this can be affected by ivf). 

Anyway, the sonographer, who was lovely, couldnt see everything.  What she saw was normal - femur length, head and tummy measurements, bladder, etc.  She couldnt see the heart, kidneys, brain, etc. (sorry I dont have the paper with me).  So based on the scan we will wait to the 20 week scan. 

She did try and see the gender.  She wasnt sure (she said things could be hiding) but she thought it might be a girl.  Well I so want a heathly baby but after that I so want a healthy girl.  I persuaded dh to tell me a few days before what he prefered and he said 'I would love a daughter'.  How fantastic is that!  So it could be a little girl!  We will hopefully get it confirmed at the 20 week scan!

In the meantime she(?) has been kicking (she was very active on the scan) and I think I feel her everyday.  Just light movements but definately the baby.

Symptoms = tender nipples (especially in the shower), larger darker nipples, sense of nanusea and some sharp pains in tummy when getting up or moving suddenly

No comments:

Post a Comment