Sunday 18 December 2011

3 months and first Christmas

How beautiful it was to be putting my Christmas decorations up this year while the little man slept peacefully in his cot.  It was a very emotional experience. 

I love Christmas but it is also a time when I have felt most strongly the hurt and frustration of not having a baby.  I can say this here, but hanging the baby Jesus decoration was always accompanied by a prayer.

This year I was half way through hanging them when I suddenly realised that I didnt have to have those feelings anymore.  He is here and he is beautiful and I love him.  I did shed a little tear for the baby that never was as it woud have been his/her first Christmas too.

Our first Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Huge Congratulations on the birth of your miracle..... I found your blog when I was looking up 'abdo pain' in pregnancy. I'm 9 weeks 2 days pregnant after IVF and seem to have had abdo pain since week 6... It really helped reading about your experience and how you dealt with it...I find my pain increases by the end of the day if I have been active... I'm not sure if it's muscular or constipation or both! ... I have been having weekly scans ( I'm lucky I have a very understanding RE) and every time I see the heartbeat I breathe again. It doesn't seem possible that the pain has nothing to do with the baby. It reallly helped to read the stats on live birth... I'm relieved to see that my chances are more likely to be good than bad...but I just want the weeks to go by so I can maybe start to relax a bit. reading your journey has given me hope.
    can I just ask about the type of pain you had... And exactly where it was?
    Thank you so much.... And congratulations once again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TheBrit,

      Well congratulations - it does feel like it gets scarier just when you think it would get easier. We have some much invested and so much to lose we cant help but worry I think.

      The pains feel worrying but I now really think they were digestive. They say your system slows down and I think that is what happened. I cant tell you when it got better for me but it did. The only real symptoms I had was that awful pain and a period type cramping - both stressers but nothing to worry about in the end.

      You are on the right side, youve seen the heartbeat, you know somewhere that the pain is not hurting the baby because he or she is growing. If you can find the strength anywhere try and enjoy your pregnancy. I felt I lost mine in stress and worry and oh how I miss having the little one growing inside me now. (If I had the funds without compromising our life style I would do it again tomorrow.)

      You are going to have a baby!!!!!

      Let me know how you go - I will look out for you.

      Big hug,

      Maxi xxx

      Delete